Sunday, August 10, 2008

The End of Summer

Summer is over! Hard to believe! I start back to school tomorrow and Nathan continues going to Fernbank. He really hasn't had a summer break which was hard to get used to :)

My room is ready go. I spent the entire week at school sometimes until the evening hours. I met most of my students on Thursday. It looks like I have a pretty good class this year. I have some really bright kids. I'm looking forward to the school year!

Along with working in my room we also were able to babysit our godson and his siblings Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun. We picked them up from daycare, went to a Mexican restuarant for dinner and then on to their house to wait for their parents.

Saturday night we went to the apartment complex across the street from the church and did a block party for them. We gave out free hot dogs and chips, did face painting, had a live band, and inflatables for the kids. It was a great time! We saw about 150 people. The college kids helped us pull the event off. They did a great job!

That about sums up our week. I'll check back in next week for a report of our first week at school :)

No comments: