Sunday, July 27, 2008

Indiana

We have just spent a great week with family. We flew up to Indiana last Monday and spent the night at my parent's house. Tuesday, we drove to Indianapolis and had lunch with Nathan's aunt. We headed to Plymouth from there. After a quick stop at the doctor's office (I ended up with an upper respiratory infection) we had dinner with Nathan's dad, his wife and the kids. They gave me my birthday gifts and a cake!

Wednesday we spent with Nathan's mom, helping out around the house and doing a few errands. We met up with Andy and Lisa, Nathan's brother and sister-in-law, for dinner. They are expecting their first child in February. We are super excited! Nathan has already been shopping for clothes and little toys!

Thursday we continued to help around the house at Nathan's mom's. His other brother, Brad, came over for dinner that night. He just returned from a New York trip so we got to hear all about that.

Friday we traveled back to my parent's house and welcomed in my brother, his wife, and their two little girls. We spent a great weekend together. They just left to go back home (Sunday night). Nathan and I will be heading back to Atlanta tomorrow evening.

Nathan played softball on Saturday (the highlight of the weekend). He had never played but he did very well. He hit the ball every time and got on base every time. It was fun watching him play. He was the catcher for the game.

Saturday we also attended the funeral of a friend of the family. Phyllis was the grandmother of our friends who we grew up with. It was more of a celebration than a funeral. It was great to see all of them but I wish it had been under happier circumstances.

School starts (for me) a week from tomorrow. Students come back two weeks from tomorrow. So my summer has been winding down. It has gone by very quickly! I am anxious to get started back to school and help another group of first graders learn to read, add, subtract, and write. I will probably be in at school during several of the days this week :)

No comments: