Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation time!

It is noon and we are getting ready to leave for the airport. Nathan is at work so Tina is taking me to meet him. Nathan and I are flying to Panama! We will be spending out time with our very dear friend, Ken. He is working on the lock-system of the Panamal Canal on the Pacific side. And although I don't know all the details... you will have ask Nathan about those... I do know that this project is history in the making. And Ken is in charge :) He is very capable!!

To catch you up... we went to the wedding of Rolinda last weekend. She and I met through a mutual friend about three years ago and we have been best buds ever since. She is also a teacher so we had a lot in common. She lived in our bonus room last summer while her house was being finished. She met Jim in October and it has been a whirlwind ever since! They got hitched last weekend in a beautiful wedding. Jim is in the army so all of the groomsmen were in their uniforms. After the ceremony they took out their sabers and made them into an arch for Jim and Rolinda to walk under. At the very end, they said "Welcome to the army, Mrs. McNight." And they smacked her on the hiney with their sabers. It was great!

Of course, Nathan was able to help them trash their car...which he loved! And trash it, they did!

My favorite part was the tossing of the bridal bouquet. Rolinda had a group of roses and when she threw it, they scattered into separate roses. There was a rose for each of the girls who were single. So sweet! Rolinda was calm, cool, and collected all day... Jim?... that's another story... jk. It was a perfect day for a wedding!

Before the wedding rehearsal last Friday, I finished my last master's class! The professor I had for this class was probably the best one I've had. It was a perfect ending to my grad program. I am so thankful that is over! I am only waiting on my grade from my capstone and then I can submit the paperwork to get my pay increase :)

After our trip to Panama we are going to Indiana for a week to see family. Then I will have one more week of summer and then start back to school. The summer has flown by but it has been a great one!

No comments: